Friday, May 17, 2013

Chair makeover! Before & After Easy peasy with General Finishes gel stain in Java.

Anyone who knows me knows I L.O.V.E antiques. So my house is full of them. I wish I had a barn, a great big antique barn. A big barn the I can sell antiques out of. That way when I get bored I can just move it the sale section! Yeah..dreams! Maybe one day!! Okay, onward.  Lately my antiques have been looking a little worse for wear. It's time to do some spring decorating around the farm, so I started with my antique kitchen chairs. Super easy project. All it took was a little light sanding, a single coat of Java gel stain & some new fabric from Fabricguru.com. The fabric is Robert Allen in Vintage gray. Here is a before & after the project. I haven't put the shellac on them yet but you get the idea. I know there are some boo-hiss out there concerning shellac but I love it! It's easy to repair/remove, dries super quickly & can last for many years. Looking dull? Just add another coat, each layer melts into the other. Until later! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment